|Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash|
Happy new year! We made it y’all. 2017 had its share of troubles but it was also very good to me. I completed and published four projects (my goal for the year was only two), I signed on to do three signing events for 2018 (one of which I attended previously, as a reader), I connected with several indie authors, and I learned a shit-ton. Seriously, 2017 was the year of learning for me. That means that 2018 will be the year of putting my lessons into practice. Just a few of the things I will be working on this year are:
- Writing more (obviously lol)
- Utilizing social media more (I did not do this as well as I could/should have)
- Believing in myself (imposter syndrome is the real deal Holyfield but I’m working on it)
- Refusing to get hung up on perfectionism (I’ve not been anyone’s definition of perfect, but I definitely let that hold me back)
- Being a better writer (another obviously lol. My craft always needs improving)
I don’t want to get to specific with y’all because if life happens, I don’t want anybody slapping me with receipts lol. Just know that I’m working and I have some fun things planned for this year. What about you? What are some things you plan to work on in 2018? Drop them in the comments below.